Jun 15, 2010

I Love You First


The first time I felt you inside of me I knew,
That I loved you with all my heart,
And as you did each day, each month
My love for you only grew.

The first time I saw you, I just couldn’t wait,
To hold and kiss you, all over your face,
Daddy was there so excited and proud,
When he cut your cord, I thought he would faint.

They were there from the start your Nanna and Gram,
They just wouldn’t leave our side,
They were there to shower you with love,
Like only a grandmother can.

The waiting room was full the moment they got word
On that day that you came into our lives
And we filled them again, while we prayed for the Lord
But this time it's like no one has heard.

Now the pain that we feel inside is the worst,
but we treasure the short time that we had,
Though many have loved you in your short little life
I’m lucky cause I loved you first

Done By: Kathleen Clifton